click here to be rich!!

The words that keep me going!!

Do not look back and grieve at the past, for it has gone, do not be troubled about the future because it has not yet come, live in the present, make it beautiful and it will be worth remembering...

"AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM"
if there is a will there is always a way...

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Eid mubarak - Raya Oh Raya..

Today is the 2nd of Syawal, people are still in celebrating mood while i am in my workplace, not really working, more like being here just for stand by..

I've created history where, this is the 1st time I celebrated 1st Syawal away from the comfort radius of my family and loved ones. I'm here alone (well not really.. my team mate is here, also on stand by), but still ALONE in term of natural human fulfillment (or is that so?)

A lot of people been asking why do I stay working and not joning the exodous of people who drive back to their hometowns.. well, I have many reasons..

Exactly a  month ago when my team were discussing about the raya leave schedule, 3 of my people tendered their resignation letter, they wont make it till raya. That caught me by surprise because I know one guy is leaving but not 3 and not at the same time. Moving on from there, these 3 people never turned up after a week of tendering, and to make things worst, they drag along another guy. So, i'm short of 4. As a female, leading maintenance and operations, this incident really wakes me up. Maybe, I was too close to the boys. I shouldn't have. They left without even saying good bye, and I was indeed very frustrated. These boys were good in term of work however, when i finally had a moment thinking, I dont want them to be here anymore, they have a serious attitude problem. Irresponsible and immature. I let them go. My immediate superior, and HR HOD's were really concern about my situation. Felt like i just lost my right arm.  God knows best, we were immidiately open for hiring and i got in 2 new guys, and they are so far so good.

Coming back to why i stayed back for raya, umm... to avoid any unforseen circumstances. Yes, other HOD laughed and smirked at me to the fact that i cannot control my man in term of giving orders, but happened if i forced them to stay and they never turned up during the long break, and things in Sasana don't work out? And I'll end up having the most hellish celebration, that i dont want to think of. God is gracious, i am happy and i know i have done the right thing. Thank God, it has been 3 days, everyone is happy. Well, Another guys resigned 2 days before the long break. But i am well prepared, mentally and operationally.

that is the 1st reason.. the other reasons are..
1. My cousin is having a wedding on the other week of raya, i can choose not to come, but i feel that i should.
2. The fact that somebody always told me i could never be away from my parents, i think i've proven to him that i am now all grown up... (maybe a little too late.. oh come on.. i always love to be daddy's little girl.. ;p)

batt is going low.. to be continued.. have a blissful celebration

No comments:

Post a Comment