Man! I've been working like a buffalo since the day I step my feet in KL land. Since then, I only went to Pavilion once and to Sg Wang Once!! Damn!! I went to those places weekly when I was not even staying here. Came all the way from Penang just for a shopping spree. Now that I am permanently stationed here.. Penang old folks will say (mampoih kat sini - literally translated - dead here) * can't help smiling while writing this.. Those old people really have funny2 term to explain things.
OK.. Back to shopping - Little that I realized, even though now that I'm staying in KL, I don't even have time to go shopping! Let alone loitering in the mall without any intention of buying anything except for sudden IMPULSE buy.. (Ikut hati mati, ikut rasa binasa) who cares anyway!! I still survive after several impulse purchase.. (Even though I don't really wore/use whatever that I bought but created a rule where, I have to put on any clothes I bought to sleep.. At least I've worn them once) what happen to my handbag/shoes/et cetera (ok, I'll think of another rule for that in the future).. And finally publish a book for eccentric people like me "the unwritten rules for girls like me" by MJK Fabulous!
My Job is great if not glamorous (I was expecting the later) Oh come on! What is so glamorous about changing bulbs and making sure the temperature is OK.. But hold on a second.. Don't people know that I'm actually the one thinking (with the help of some more experts of course) and making sure that the building is operational at all time without fail?! And it involves a lot of quarrels and headache and clearing other people shits. Yeah bebeh! There's a lot of shits there!!
Everyday at work people are telling me that I'm in the wrong industry! I should be in broadcasting or in the movies or fashion or whatever is glamorous. Why didn't I think of doing Mass com or performing art back in college? I miss acting on stage.. Seriously! The last time I perform was when I was in 2nd year of Matric in USM. Its now a history...
Erghh!!! I should blame mom n dad for wanting me to be a doctor, but when I brought up the issue, they told me right to my face that I was the one who wanted to be a doctor, and ironically I'm not even a doctor now! I'm professionally a building engineer and surveyor... (Ok a building doctor I guess) dealing with contractors, calculations, my patient is the building itself and to make it worst, the building I'm nannying is SICK all the time!
Yeah! Its a nightmare!! And tell me how glamorous it could get when u have to take care of a sick building? My Christian Louboutins pumps and Gucci Sunnies just don't match with a SICK BUILDING!! Everyday, when its not raining, I'll climb up the rooftop of my building, look at the sky and the skyscrapers and told myself, hey.. This is not bad?! How many people actually been on top the roof in heels?? NONE! (Ok I got up there through a staircase not a cat ladder, that is how I manage to wear heels!!) And how many chief engineer actually doing her rounds in 4" heels and a skirt with black socks with big loop earrings.. Well honey, I'm the only crazy girl who does that. But, I'm a pro.. When I do building survey, I'll trade my 4" with a safety boots and no earrings whatsoever... OK its UGLY.
OK! I swear to my Gucci Sunny that I won't be caught red handed in those ugly boots! But I have been caught walking around with an office skirt,long sleeves shirt and a calf length Dr Cardin! (Just because I need to have a look at the water meter which is located at a slope near a stream, on muddy surface) A total wardrobe malfunction!! A Crazy lady with totally unmatched attire!! Even the clown looks better than me!!
Wait!! Why does a safety boots have to be UGLY.. What happen to the word STYLISH? Can I be a trend setter in revamping a boring lady engineer look by putting on a STYLISH boots rather than UNSIGHTLY weks weks boots.. Oh! And my overall..(The jumpsuit I'm talking about!) Its not me at all!! I should send it to the tailor for some upgrading and modification. Hey, I'm me and I don't settle for anything less than "wow", I don't go for moderate or normal.. because I'm insanely outrageous!! I'm just silly me..
So when I think back, I've actually made history by creating a "glam world" of my own. I love my job.. I'm proud to do what I do.. I enjoy doing the things I do.. Even though it has to mean, NO TIME FOR SHOPPING!
Well, actually it is a good thing, I could save more for more SHOPPING later! Shop for a more meaningful thing, such as a new condo with a swimming pool that is located far away from a kedai makan (eatery) or a surau.. (The pool in my apartment is only a feet away from a restaurant and about 20ft from a surau! God bless the designer!!) And, I want to shop for a new baby sports car.. Meow!!!! Sleek and sexy like RX8.. Match made in heaven!! Slurpppp!! Ok honey! Enough of daydreaming!
Conclusion is.. Just be yourself in whatever that you do. No matter how bad people condemn u, just take it as a compliment.. It will just make you a better person. Trust me. I've been there done that! Despite people making a fuss about what I wear to work, I don't care! I know I love my job and I do it right. Like I say, I'm a pro. I do things professionally.. I know when to trade in my bandanna with a hard hat..my loop earrings with an earplugs or muffler Or a 4" ALDO with a calf high Red Wing.. The point is, do the things u like the way you like it, because no other ppl know what you u the way you do.. Happy working all!! Cheers!!
XOXO
MJK Fabulous!
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device via Vodafone-Celcom Mobile.
No comments:
Post a Comment